Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Latest Miran Stats

Miran had another biophysical profile today and again scored 8/8. He frustrated the u/s technician by sleeping through the exam and refusing to do his practice breathing, but just when time was almost up and she was giving me graham crackers and apple juice in the hopes that it would wake him up, he jolted awake and did a flurry of breathing movements! (He also flashed her again, several times, as usual.) My fluid levels went back down to 8, but I am a little less concerned this time since I know that they can also go up. I'm just going to keep taking it really easy and hope that it stays the same or goes back up by next week.

Meanwhile, my doctor gave me the "how to know when you're in labor" talk today, which was just another reminder of how far along I am. Miran is full term in 11 days!!! From that point on, if born, he would not be considered premature or preterm in any way. Amazing. Even now, if born, he would likely have only minor issues.

So, at 35 weeks and 3 days, he weighs approximately 5 lbs. 14 oz. and is in the 49th percentile for his gestational age (right on target). Looking good!

The nursery is almost done now in terms of functionality, but it's not terribly pretty yet. The bare essentials are there: baby hammock bed, full-size bed (for us to sleep in), changing table, dressers, humidifier, air purifier. We also have a few clothes (my sisters are promising to buy us tons, plus a friend of mine who recently had a baby is donating a box full, so we don't want to buy too much in advance), two receiving blankets, diaper rash cream, diapers, and wipes.

We're just counting down now. Miran could come any day, and will definitely be in our arms within one month.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even put into WORDS how exciting this all is!!!!!! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete