Friday, March 6, 2009

Going to the Hospital

I have to leave soon, so this will be brief, but:

I had bloodwork done on Wed. at my appointment, and it turns out my blood platelets are a little below normal. This in itself isn't a huge deal, but my blood pressure was also a little high on Wed. (130/80) whereas I normally have quite low blood pressure. My doc thinks everything is probably fine, but the combination could mean I am developing pre-eclampsia (=pregnancy-related high blood pressure). This would be bad because it would mean less blood flow to the baby.

So, long story short, I am being admitted to the hospital this afternoon for a 24- to 48-hour observation to check whether things are okay. If they are, I'll be released and continue as normal. If they're not, I will either be released and monitored closely, then induced at 37 weeks, or I may have to stay in the hospital until I am induced at 37 weeks. That's just 9 days away!

I'm feeling pretty okay. The worst case scenario is that they catch a problem, monitor me, and deliver Miran in 9 days. Since that's not such a bad prospect, I'm feeling more or less fine. Just rather surprised--because this was sudden, with no warning--and somewhat inconvenienced (I had a lot I wanted to do this weekend).

I'll be back with an update as soon as possible! Wish me luck . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment